Member Club Responsibilities: As a condition of membership, all Member Clubs must adopt the Safety and Response Policy in full and reference the prevention policies in their staff handbooks. Member Club requirements can be found on page 9 of the Safety and Response Policy and the Prevention Policies can be found here. Other requirements include:
• Publicly reference on the club website the following:
• Reporting portal for the U.S. Center for SafeSport
• Reporting portal for USA Gymnastics
• U.S. Center for SafeSport’s “Parent’s Guide to Misconduct in Sport”
• Appoint a Safety Champion
• Ensure that all persons with regular contact or authority over minors be background checked and complete U110: SafeSport Course on an annual basis. This course is free to all individuals who are required to complete it.
Reporting: Adult Participants have a duty to report misconduct or child abuse as defined by the USA Gymnastics Safety and Response Policy.
To make a report:
• Report sexual misconduct or child abuse immediately to law enforcement and to the U.S. Center for SafeSport (the Center) and report other violations of the Code to the Center here or by calling 833.587.7233.
• Report emotional misconduct, physical misconduct, or other violations of USAG’s Safety and Response Policy or Prevention Policies to USA Gymnastics here or by calling 833.844.7233.
• If prohibited conduct has occurred at an Olympic or Paralympic Training Center (OPTC) or any third-party sponsored event in which the USOPC sends a delegation, promptly report to the USOPC Security & Athlete Safety Office here or by calling 719.866.3869.
Parent and Minor Athlete Training: The U.S. Center for SafeSport provides important training for parents and minor athletes. These age-appropriate courses and materials address the prevention and reporting of child abuse and include a “Parent’s Guide to Misconduct in Sport,” “SafeSport for Youth Athletes (ages 13-17),” and “SafeSport for Kids (ages 5-12).” Minor athletes must have parental consent to participate. To view these courses or to share them with your athletes and parents, please visit safesporttrained.org.
For questions related to USA Gymnastics Safety and Response Policy, please contact us as email@example.com.